Vegging vs. Geeking [Re: Intelligent Design - the Creationists]

kent mueller artkm at execpc.com
Thu Oct 13 22:07:21 CDT 2005

Well, so many of the causes of the Right in America are just irrelevant,
finally.  A anti-flag-burning amendment to the constitution? Like we're
knee-deep in half-burned flags out here. Prayer in school? Don't sweat it,
buddy, as long as they keep giving tests, there's gonna be prayer in school.
An anti-gay marriage amendment? Come on, maybe half of 5-10% of the
population wants to marry...can they do worse than heteros with a 50%
divorce rate? Intelligent Design?

Bill Hicks had a line about "Why are so many of the institutions of society
falling apart? Because they're IRRELEVANT!!" (paraphrase). Scares the hell
out of conservatives American or Islamic that that might be true.

Times of uncertainty send weak people on snipe hunts for crutches and scape
goats. Usually, the sane pull the insane back before it's too late, but you
never know in America, the pendulum of public opinion here has a tendency to
slam from side to side, instead of modulating around the middle.

Kent