"The Evacuation still proceeds..." GR, p1

jporter jp3214 at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 23 09:23:11 CDT 2005

Unlike the calculating Wrath of The Intelligent Designer
(WID) which led, according to ID enthusiasts, to the
image we see in the mirror each morning, the Wrath of God
(WOG) is something from which we have been fleeing since
long before Rita, Katrina and the collapsing Twin Towers.

WOG, in it's peculiarly western version, has had us on the run
since Yahweh slammed shut the Gates of Eden.

It might be worth noting, also, that prior to this prolonged
tantrum directed towards humanity, WOG was directed at a
whole series of often cranky and vain, if less megalomaniacal
deities, who served us well, before the dominance of monotheism.

Despite that, the opening evocation of GR has always struck
me as generic, rather than specific, in its intention. I reject
the idea that The Evacuation is "about" the Holocaust alone,
although, certainly, there are over (and under) tones.

The advent of a centralizing  principal around which the swirl
of written history, like the skirts of V., sorts Itself out, is
seductive,
and may be the Logocentric equivalent of the Field Theory of
Gravity.

I think, however, that the over-arching intention of the opening
evocation suggests a connection- tracking through the furtive
warren-like passages of western epistemology- between mono-
theism and science, which, if left unrecognized, leads to bad things.

jody