Vollmann the Artist

Andrew Pollock ahpollock at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 15:51:38 CST 2006


He may paint only for himself, but I tracked down the listing for the
Candle books described in the interview, and they sell for 10k a
piece, which, when there are ten of them, seems like a nice little
present to the self.

They're the last items on this page:
http://www.juvelisbooks.com/catalog35-141.html

The whole catalog of artist's books and fine editions is fascinating
to look through.

Andrew

On 12/6/06, David Morris <fqmorris at gmail.com> wrote:
> Bootstraps and all.  Also the article says he paints only for himself,
> which I suppose is also a virtue, especially if the paintings are bad.
>
> On 12/5/06, Steven <mcquaryq at comcast.net> wrote:
> >
> > Supposed to be a virtue I suppose?
> >
> > On Dec 4, 2006, at 1:32 PM, Ya Sam wrote:
> >
> > As an artist Vollmann is completely self-taught.
>



More information about the Pynchon-l mailing list