If on a Winter's Night a Traveller

Will Layman WillLayman at comcast.net
Wed Dec 27 08:44:20 CST 2006

For those who have read IF ON A WINTER'S NIGHT, A TRAVELER, a
(disgusting) story:

I was reading it and loving it.  Couldn't wait to find time to read
another section throughout the day.  Was reading a good chunk while
tending the personal business in the bathroom.  Finished.  Time to
wipe.  Placed the paperback on the sink/countertop next to the toilet
itself, took care of hygiene.  Turned slightly as I stood (before
flushing, of course), and -- KK-SLOSHHHHH!  Into the poopy drink went
the book.

Unreadable.

Had to buy another copy to continue on . . . and I always wondered if
the story would have been the same had I kept reading the original
paperback copy . . . .

-- Will