Reading in USA Schools / A2A by that NSA-attracting author name

Michael Bailey michael.lee.bailey at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 23:00:37 CST 2006

It's possible Ms Surfus was speaking bucca-lingually...

I try to read like Will Rogers, never met a book I didn't like

However, I scooted through Fountainhead and AS and "For the New
Intellectual" once long ago and haven't found an urge to return,
whereas in a sense I have never finished reading GR and V and his 1990
book (a personal favorite) and M&D and Lot 49 and the stories, and
looking forward to the next one of Pynchon's books
ie, I agree with you

In her defense, Soviet Russia was a pretty harsh place to grow up

Mises, and I think Rothbard too, was friendly with her but fell
out...those guys could write a bit themselves - too bad they never
turned to fiction
(Rothbard in particular had alliances and fallings out all over the
place, even with the New Left at one point, believing their anti-war
anti-intrusive-government stance had some merit, but abandoned them
because of their irrationality)

she (Ayn Rand) influenced also Alan Greenspan at one point, I think,
back when he was pro-gold

In the movie "Dirty Dancing" the evil waiter tries to turn Baby's
sister on to I think "The Fountainhead" saying "It changed my life"