Duck Soup

Ya Sam takoitov at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 2 17:32:12 CST 2006

Watched it the other day. If I had seen it before reading GR... Now I can
picture the characters suddenly lapsing into silly songs exactly the way
Freedonians did, and all the "bad" puns said by Groucho. The mirror
pantomime scene was a real killer.

Now I also come to appreciate better this blurb:

"I've been turning pages day and night, watching my fingers go ink black,
I've been bleeding from paper cuts, reading Gravity's Rainbow. Forests have
gone to the blade for this novel. Don't mourn the trees; read the book.
Gravity's Rainbow will be compared with Ulysses and with Duck Soup."
Geoffrey Wolff, San Francisco Examiner