Pynchon, GR, M&D, Joyce, disappointment

pynchonoid pynchonoid at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 2 18:41:21 CST 2006

--- Misaligned:

> The trouble with your opinion, when you speak of
> entering a discussion,
> is that you have never admitted that there is
> anything to criticize in
> Pynchon

Untrue. Again, as it was the last nine million times
you've said this.

> Five novels, a book of stories, a handful of
> essays--all, in your
> opinion flawless, beyond criticism.

"beyond criticism" is your phrase, not mine, and never
has been, not once.

  >What's the
> point?

To read the books and enjoy discussing them with other
readers.

> And this is precisely why your attempt to grab
> control of AtD and steer
> the discussion

Absurd.

>is so annoying.  It's not yours to
> do, for one,

Nope, I believe Tim called for a Host List to be drawn
up, and a couple of other folks have volunteered.  Not
me, not yet.

> and it
> has no higher end.  You think like a grad student,
> literature as easter
> egg chase, and that's what you would have the
> discussion be, at least
> as is evident so far.

Untrue. Unfair. Mean-spirited.... I TRIED, folks...