The Wild Bunch

Ya Sam takoitov at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 3 16:40:55 CST 2006

Another great movie I've seen recently. Great? Damn, it's a masterpiece!
It's influence is traceable everywhere, most notably in Tarantino and John
Wu films and, most probably in Cormac McCarthy's Blood Meridian. This film
is free of all the pesky cliches (sheriff/villain confrontation, saloon
fight, whore with a heart of cold etc.). The violence is quite stunning even
now, although the film was made in 1969. In terms of Pynchon relevance: the
film is set during the Mexican revolution  and there is an episode with the
Mexican rebels, and, as we know from the blurb, AtD touches upon the Mexican
revolution as well. I highly recommend it to everybody who haven't seen it
yet.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0065214/