AtD galleys
The Great Quail
quail at libyrinth.com
Mon Oct 9 09:08:25 CDT 2006
By the way, I finally heard back from Tracy Locke. She explained that
there's been a very high demand for galleys, and they are only sending them
out to organizations with long lead times. And as mentioned here, they are
particularly expensive galleys, to boot.
> Hey, the Wikipedia article is the THIRD hit, and between us, "Abaca"
> and I wrote most of it. Where's my copy?!!
Well, I think it's generally perceived that Wikipedia works along an
encyclopedia model, so less likely to publish book reviews. And to respond
to Doug's similar comment, I know that many publishers are still wary of
personal blogs, which are frequently seen as amateur fan sites. (A view that
I do not share regarding Doug's excellent and informative Pynchonoid.org.)
Hopefully, perceptions will change as big publishers become increasingly
more aware of how many people do their browsing, information gathering, and
shopping. It's interesting that in the political world, blogs and larger Web
sites seem to have much greater cachet. Partly, I assume that has to do with
the fact some are written by "insiders," and politics in general deals with
the exchange of ideas, opinions, and information.
--Quail
More information about the Pynchon-l
mailing list