Einstein Letter

PlucinskiIvana at aol.com PlucinskiIvana at aol.com
Thu May 15 00:09:05 CDT 2008

Dear Albert,

Your comments on the Jewish  god reveal your subjective ignorance. Jews do
not worship an abstract god: they  worship a book. The contents of the book are
largely irrelevant. It is the  origin of the book in human intelligence and
creativity that they worship. The  information in the Torah matters not at all.
Do you understand? They venerate  and worship the act of creation of the book.

All you have to do is empty yourslf out  and then listen to the wind.

It’s called direct  experience.
*************
_http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/05/14/einstein-letter-belief-in_n_101626_
(http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/05/14/einstein-letter-belief-in_n_101626)
.
html

Albert Einstein described belief in God as "childish superstition"  and
said Jews were not the chosen people, in a letter to be sold in  London
this week, an auctioneer said Tuesday.

The father of  relativity, whose previously known views on religion
have been more  ambivalent and fuelled much discussion, made the
comments in response to a  philosopher in 1954.

As a Jew himself, Einstein said he had a great  affinity with Jewish
people but said they "have no different quality for me  than all other
people".

"The word God is for me nothing more than the  expression and product
of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of  honourable, but still
primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty  childish.

"No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change  this," he
wrote in the letter written on January 3, 1954 to the philosopher  Eric
Gutkind, cited by The Guardian newspaper.