ATDTDA (33) - p. 935-9 pulp fiction

kelber at mindspring.com kelber at mindspring.com
Mon May 26 21:06:09 CDT 2008

Why have Ratty and De Bottle shown this map to the intrepid three?  They want them to seek it out and disarm it.  We're in the realm of pulp fiction here.  In reality, we might not expect a pregnant mathematician, a gambling man and a fey former male prostitute-turned-spy to have the technological know-how to disarm a sophisticated land-mine/poison gas weapon.  But as characters in a cheesy spy caper, we expect it of them.  This is the latest offering of the boys' adventure, detective, Western and Victorian pulp fiction TRP's already thrown our way.

Laura