AtD, naming

David Morris fqmorris at gmail.com
Mon May 12 08:29:08 CDT 2008

I agree that The Gnostic Pynchon is very good, but used books via
Amazon are too expensive.  Try Abebooks:

http://www.abebooks.com/

I think the reason that Gnosticism (not gnosis) is so important to
Pynchon is its concept of the world being the creation of a flawed
(maybe even evil) god, the creator as the ultimate evil conspirator.
This is a much more complex construct than "regular" Christianity with
its God/Satan division.  With Gnosticism God IS the Devil.

David Morris