TRP unfilmable?

kelber at mindspring.com kelber at mindspring.com
Thu May 29 11:14:37 CDT 2008

Personally, I think a film version of GR that was true to the book would be excruciating to sit through.  I'm comfortable with the idea that some things are best left in print.

There've been plans in the works for years to turn Blood Meridian into a film.  The project was dropped at one point , then picked up again.  They have yet to come up with a script.  Staying true to the book would result in a pretentious gore-fest with zero plot development and no real characters.  Hard to sit through for most people (including me), I'd imagine.

Laura