'Best' for Last?

eojorav at gmail.com eojorav at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 14:38:39 CDT 2009

More generally there is this, from "Truth and Method".....

"The time lapse between sending a letter and receiving an answer is not just an external factor, but gives to this form of communication its proper nature as a particular form of writing. So we note that the speeding-up of the post has not led to a heightening of this form of communication but, on the contrary, to a decline in the art of letter-writing."

I've for a long time missed the handwritten letter and while I'm no luddite I can't help but feel that email, IM, and now Twitter have just brutalized written communication to all hell.