Top 10 conspiracy theories

Ed edmoorester at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 17:17:25 CDT 2009

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/AheadoftheCurve/Story?id=5305386
<http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/AheadoftheCurve/Story?id=5305386&page=1>
&page=1

A US company claims it is ready to build a microwave ray gun able to beam
sounds directly into people's heads.

The device - dubbed MEDUSA (Mob Excess Deterrent Using Silent Audio) -
exploits the microwave audio effect, in which short microwave pulses rapidly
heat tissue, causing a shockwave inside the skull that can be detected by
the ears. A series of pulses can be transmitted to produce recognisable
sounds.

Fascinating article. . .I almost geared up UTSA's electrical engineering
department to try and let me do this on animals and then hard of hearing
people as soon as it was established I would not blow up any heads.

Sadly I lost interest.

Sounds are easy with microwaves but speech is very difficult.