CoL49 (5) Two or Three Things About Her

Paul Mackin mackin.paul at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 20:49:24 CDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robin Landseadel" <robinlandseadel at comcast.net>
To: <pynchon-l at waste.org>
Sent: Monday, June 15, 2009 11:45 AM
Subject: Re: CoL49 (5) Two or Three Things About Her

> On Jun 15, 2009, at 7:10 AM, Paul Mackin wrote:
>
>> Chapter 1 leads us to think it's a town along El Camino.
>
> Could you point to the reference?

P. 19 in Harper and Row paperback (Perennial Library) during O's meeting
with Roseman (near end of chapter 1).

"They often went to the same group therapy sessions, in a carpool with a
photographer from Palo Alto . . . ."

I pick Menlo Park as the model because the two cities abutt and living in
one
is practically like living in the other. P.A. is of course better known.

Also I like the association of Menlo Park with the famous VA Hospital LSD,
etc, experients of a few years earlier.

Ken Kesey et al.