Chomsky/Hitchens/Milosevic/Bush
Carvill, John
john.carvill at sap.com
Mon Mar 23 05:11:17 CDT 2009
Deep, deep sigh.
<< I also respond much better to patient explication than to, um, some
other styles of discourse >>
But I tried that, and you wouldn't listen, mate. I don't think I have
ben over the top or wildly aggressive. But bear in mind also that I have
been holding myself back, quelling my anger.
Can you not understand how exasperating it is to have people like you
waving your ignorance around when we are talking here about genocide?
There are always complex issues involved in situations like this, but
one overriding hard fact stands out and must be acknowledged above all
else: the Serbs were the aggressors, they committed genocide, they still
refuse (to a worryingly large extent) to admit it, and your ignorance is
making that situation worse.
<< so I will be pursuing information that is couched in those terms, on
my own. >>
Fine. Please don't go posting every article from every pro-Serb fanatic
website here, ta.
<< Ustashe in WWII was real. That is still not that long ago. >>
So what? In what way does that justify killing Bosnians? Or Croats? Or
anyone?
<< Milosevic (well, really Radovan Karadjic undisputably, and definitely
that butcher guy, right? But Milosevic had lip service to multi-culti
and a long provenance as a communist...so I've got neutral sites with
counter-notions to SM being the prime mover >>
You have a long way to go if you truly wish to 'understad' any of this.
Milosevic was a Fascist, and he had full responsibility for what
karadjic was doing inside Bosnia. The Bosnian Serbs needed, and had, at
all times, the full support of Serbia and the Yugoslavian army, one of
the biggest and most well-armed military forces in the world.
<< actually Ayn Rand is on record with similar views
Amazingly, lots of people take her seriously. >>
Not really so amazing, given some of the rubbish you are apparently
willing to swallow.
<< Why not open your borders and invite all your Serb homies back home?
>>
Even as a 'joke', this is despicably idiotic.
Please don't bother 'learning' any more about this issue. Go do
something else.
And don't send me any more off-list emails either.
You make me angry. You make me sick. You make me sad.
More information about the Pynchon-l
mailing list