SciFi elements in "Gravity's Rainbow"?

Tom Beshear tbeshear at insightbb.com
Sun Aug 21 12:35:02 CDT 2011

Good point. I recall reading an interview with Roth in which he professed
ignorance of other alternate history fiction. Many literary authors who
turned to speculative fiction have attempted to reinvent the wheel. That's
becoming less the case now, with writers like Michael Chabon who have a
strong reading background in SF.

Potter Stewart could have been a critic.