On recent publishing strategies,with a little blowhard history and some airy speculation
Albert Rolls
alprolls at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 13 06:23:36 CST 2011
Can I use it elsewhere if it proves useful?
By the way, its hardly work to walk over to a bookshelf and look at a letter sent out on March 26 and I've been procrastinating all night.
-----Original Message-----
>From: Mark Kohut <markekohut at yahoo.com>
>Sent: Feb 13, 2011 7:13 AM
>To: Albert Rolls <alprolls at earthlink.net>, Pynchon-L <pynchon-l at waste.org>
>Subject: Re: On recent publishing strategies,with a little blowhard history and some airy speculation
>
>The info comes from me.
>
>
>----- Original Message ----
>From: Albert Rolls <alprolls at earthlink.net>
>To: Pynchon-L <pynchon-l at waste.org>
>Sent: Sun, February 13, 2011 6:21:14 AM
>Subject: Re: On recent publishing strategies,with a little blowhard history and
>some airy speculation
>
>
>
>
>-----Original Message-----
>>From: Albert Rolls <alprolls at earthlink.net>
>>Sent: Feb 13, 2011 6:20 AM
>>To: Michael Bailey <michael.lee.bailey at gmail.com>
>>Subject: Re: On recent publishing strategies,with a little blowhard history and
>>some airy speculation
>>
>>April 30 is the on sale date for M&D on the letter included with the advanced
>>reading copy. Where does the info about the change of fdate come from?
>>
>>
>>-----Original Message-----
>>>From: Michael Bailey <michael.lee.bailey at gmail.com>
>>>Sent: Feb 13, 2011 5:55 AM
>>>To: P-list <pynchon-l at waste.org>
>>>Subject: Re: On recent publishing strategies,with a little blowhard history and
>>>some airy speculation
>>>
>>>> 6) the on-sale date for "Mason & Dixon" was changed at the last publishing
>>>> minute, so to speak.
>>>> Very unusual. Changed from April 14, I believe, to April 28. Years later I
>>>> learned that April 28th
>>>> was Richard Farina's birthday---or the day he died, can't remember because I
>>>>can
>>>> always look it up.
>>>>
>>>
>>>I couldn't find the on-sale date for M&D in the time (I) allotted. But...
>>>
>>>Richard Fariña
>>>From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
>>> (Redirected from Richard Farina)
>>>
>>>Richard George Fariña (March 8, 1937 – April 30, 1966) was an American
>>>writer and folksinger. He was a figure in both the counterculture
>>>scene of the early- to mid-sixties and the budding folk rock scene of
>>>the same era.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>--
>>>"The general agreement is that language should be a kind of honey. I
>>>like it to be a kind of speed." - Michael Moorcock
>
>
>
More information about the Pynchon-l
mailing list