V---2nd Pynchon theme?

jochen stremmel jstremmel at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 15:35:07 CDT 2011

Kraus' aphorism in German:

Psychoanalyse ist jene Geisteskrankheit, für deren Therapie sie sich
hält. (Die Fackel, 376, p. 21)

You see perhaps that the translation could be better: it is not
another aspect but the disease, the mental illness, itself, says KK.

And you should read the Last Days of Mankind, not want to see it
staged. It's impossible to stage. Here you can at least hear Kraus
reading the poem "Die Raben":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACCf6YFmYTU

It is captured on film, there you could see him lift his hands,
letting them flutter like the birds in question. It's haunting.