Baffling

alice wellintown alicewellintown at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 14:36:18 CDT 2012

> so wait, you, alice, are in nyc - hope things aren't too bad

as the beatles sey, it's getting better all the time...fixing a hole
where the rain comes in...but I suspect that storm surge, salt water
in the structures where Benny and Stencil worked and wondered, is here
to stay and, as everyone in the world wants to live by the water, the
rissing tide, the warmth of it, will be a challange from here on. But,
New Yorkers have a lot of intestinal fortitude; we give new meaning to
the protestant work ethic, the invisible hand, the opportuity cost of
brain drain, for most of us come from places that make this a paradise
wrapped in a pizza dough stuffed with cheese and covered with gravy.

> other crops of best & brightest that also turned out to not be very
> helpful to the rest of us include the dudes who sold vietnam, the
> dudes who sold invading and occupying iraq (think ows sucked, consider
> occupy iraq), the dudes who sold patriot act and homeland security

Sure. Those Bush boyz & Co., but look at Bill out there doing his
thing, and Mario's son amy be eating some of that humble pie off his
grandfathr's fruit cart now, and even that fat criminal over on the
jersey side, with his national gaurd, and his stretchy pants, and his
michael moore paunch and his ugly phrases may be human after
all...but...to everything turn turn turn

> ie perhaps let us not go overboard thinking well of these people -
> who, as far as i know, have access to the same government guarantees,
> student loans, social security, medicare, as the rest of us

as B/Tuttle says, we're all in  together, kid

and hate don't do not good

> they really didn't build it alone...
> or, more to the point - they didn't get into position to tear it down
> the way they did without a lot of state subsidies

like that old gentelman who reads in the library always says,
everybody gets way fare somehow.

And like I been saying here, theat Bernake dude is all right wit me;
he and Sandy probably put the O back in the OO, so, it won't be too
long for we getin some of that.