a euphemism for P's poorest prose: warm excrement flowing from a pathetic puppet's mouth

Michael Bailey michael.lee.bailey at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 00:04:44 CDT 2012

> everything vibe says in his speech was said sincerely by some robber
> baron or right-wing ideologue

sincerely and in public, at that - that 47% thing only the tip of the iceberg

but anyway, Scarsdale Vibe and his speech -

well, look to the cookie, as Jerry Seinfeld said, or perhaps look to
the historical sources...

these are a bunch of ones I liked and wanted to post though they are
not germane to the current topic (plutes' attitudes)

 http://www.steamthing.com/great-coalfield-war/

has a sort of a bibliography which i followed to some pictures of
miners on this page -
http://digital.denverlibrary.org/cdm/search/searchterm/miners
(

such as this one
http://digital.denverlibrary.org/cdm/singleitem/collection/p15330coll22/id/35170/rec/23
 of Ludlow strikers massed waiting for Federal troops
- not looking too formidable - but in some cases troops sympathized
with similar uprisings and perhaps this is what they were hoping
for...

or this one - http://digital.denverlibrary.org/cdm/singleitem/collection/p15330coll22/id/34142/rec/22
 with refugees from Ludlow

sotto voce - we are doing the same thing to the people who build our
computers, no?

SV: "...we set them beneath inhuman loads, we harvest from them their
muscle and eyesight and health, leaving them in our kindness a few
miserable years of broken gleanings.  Of course we do.  Why not?  They
are good for little else."

mining company house organ - a professional and multilingual effort,
though paternalistic and racist...they wanted all their employees to
pay for subscriptions, too and explained at length the good value...
http://books.google.com/books?id=hzsqAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA563&client=firefox-a&source=gbs_selected_pages&cad=0_1#v=onepage&q&f=false