Wissmann statue, Hamburg

Ruth Flatscher ruflatsch at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 16:09:11 CST 2012

hallo mc,
you mean the Hermann von Wissman statue in Hamburg, which used to stand in
front of the university and was re-erected some years ago near the harbour
entrance, in the course of an arts/cultural project? it seems to have been
removed again after 2 years, and I could not find out where it has ended
up, perhaps Kai might know :)
it has been controversially discussed for glorifying colonial myths and
racist/chauvinist points of view.
http://www.afrika-hamburg.de/english.html
cheers,