NP - What Occupy Did to 2012, What It Will Do to 2013

malignd at aol.com malignd at aol.com
Mon Nov 19 16:03:58 CST 2012

Jesus.  Calm down.  I work on Wall Street, which is, as well as a loose term for the financial district and investment business and world generally, is also a street in Manhattan, the one on which my firm has its address.  So I don't think I AM WS, as you exclaim in capital letters.

I was generally sympathetic to the intent of OWS, but I think the idea of a more or less leaderless movement failed them.  Energy and spirit aplenty, but it was left to its audience and enemies to decipher a coherent message.

And what is going on now is a shambles.  And I don't think of them now as on my lawn.  It's just that OWS has become a vaguely political version of skid row.

And "loathing" was not a description of my response, but there is plenty of it directed at them.  I do find them pitiable and pitiful.