GR translation: snarling inward toward that famous S-curve

Bekah bekah0176 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 11 10:15:11 CDT 2013

Snarling can also mean twisting or tangling - and not in a smooth manner.   Like snarled hair -  or it's often said that "the traffic is snarled at the LA intersection of Interstates 405 and 110."    and  so imo,  there could be a snarl of traffic in this case.   That said,  I don't necessarily  disagree with snarl as being the noise an engine makes -  I think it's really ambiguous in the original.

Look at the opening of the sentence,     "Amateur Fritz von Opels all over the place here,"    what does that phrase mean exactly?  Where is the verb?  Is there a missing "is"?    " Amateur Fritz van Opels *is* all over the place here…"     Is the "is" understood rather than explicit?  Does it depend on what your definition of "is" is?  (sorry - had to do that).     I've no objections to whichever you use - ,  I'm just curious.

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/Motorcycle-Crash-Snarls-Traffic-On-The-Interstate-215072601.html

Becky