Atdtda37: Somebody'd told me you were coming, 1045-1047

Monte Davis montedavis at verizon.net
Thu Oct 3 03:17:48 CDT 2013

Paul Nightingale sez: "The updating is dependent on the telling and
positions Merle - last seen back a few pages displaying omniscience ('a
mission to set free the images ...' etc, bottom of 1037) - as one out of the
loop, an audience for whose benefit everyone here performs a reconstruction
of the family we remember."

Very well said. Such re-positionings (or contradictory positionings, or
alternate positionings) happen at some time to most of the characters and
narratives in AtD. The cheap twists and last-minute reveals of pulp
adventure stories keep leaking out. Nossir, I'm not installing that
integroscope app on *my* smartphone until they get the bugs worked out.

"It seems that there is something significant about a play with temporality,
an urge to circumvent the onward march of the day, to enact new and
different(iating) vectors of possibility."

http://www.academia.edu/2038506/Still_Moving_Against_the_Day_Pynchons_Graphi
c_Impulse

Thank you, Paul. This is a monumental reading.

-
Pynchon-l / http://www.waste.org/mail/?list=pynchon-l