BEER, Who Wants to Know? narratorial thread

Mark Kohut markekohut at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 13 12:40:52 CDT 2013

Monte writes (about Maxine and Reg first meeting in the book):

"Sentence by sentence, ask "who's telling me this?" Are we listening to
Maxine's memory of a casual cruise-ship flirtation -- provisionally Reg,
then probably Joel? Are we being warned that flirtation is her destined
route to places considerably darker than a NYC co-op wrangle? Hey. Who wants
to know?"

Once again, yes, and this ain't the last time.....

Do some riffing on "Who Wants to Know" y'all.....go deeper than my word "attitude".
-
Pynchon-l / http://www.waste.org/mail/?list=pynchon-l