Chabon on BE (SPOILERS regarding BEER)

Heikki Raudaskoski hraudask at sun3.oulu.fi
Mon Oct 21 11:02:01 CDT 2013

I agree, those references are there.

However, I'm thinking of the dynamo/idyll motifs introduced by Auerbach in
his savvy review of BE. According to Auerbach, Deseret/hashslingrz make
the dynamo and DeepArcher the idyll in BE. Compared to BE, the preterite
are much more involved in the tension between the corresponding dynamo and
idyll motifs in, say, TCoL49 or GR, IMO. Auerbach does not explicate them
but I'd say that in TCol49, these motifs are Inverarity's will/W.A.S.T.E.,
and in GR, the Rocket/the Zone.

-
Pynchon-l / http://www.waste.org/mail/?list=pynchon-l