The Pale King

malignd at aol.com malignd at aol.com
Mon Sep 23 16:53:24 CDT 2013


Worried too at first about it's being unfinished, but I think now it's not going to be a problem.  It seems pretty clear (to me, anyway) that it was never intended to be linear in its design, so I don't think there is any overarching scheme that is being violated. And there's so much good writing, line by line, paragraph after paragraph, it hardly matters.



-----Original Message-----
From: Joseph S. Barrera III <joe at barrera.org>
To: malignd <malignd at aol.com>
Cc: pynchon-l <pynchon-l at waste.org>
Sent: Sun, Sep 22, 2013 8:55 pm
Subject: Re: The Pale King


          
    
On 9/22/13 5:31 PM, malignd at aol.com      wrote:
    
    
Am currently reading this          and I think it's brilliant and amazing.  Anyone else read it?               
    I started... it starts really slow. On just your recommendation I    will give it another try after finishing BE. I miss DFW's writing.    IJ was hard to start with, but with PK I was afraid of investing a    lot of effort into something unfinished and disappointing. If this    were a better world, DFW would still be writing novels at 76.
    
    - Joe
    
  

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://waste.org/pipermail/pynchon-l/attachments/20130923/d0292dd5/attachment.html>


More information about the Pynchon-l mailing list