NP: NATO expansion
alice malice
alicewmalice at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 16:30:58 CDT 2014
I'm not gonna defend any of these bastards. I'm not taking sides here.
Just pointing out that the most dangerous devil is Putin. Russia is
still the most dangerous force in this mess and Putin is, by far, the
most dangerous thug in this neighborhood. The US needs to keep
slapping him and we need German support. Any German with any sense of
History who fears Obama more than Putin, America more than Russia, is
a fool.
On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 4:33 PM, Thomas Eckhardt
<thomas.eckhardt at uni-bonn.de> wrote:
>
> Am 28.09.2014 um 12:41 schrieb alice malice:
>>
>> see NY Times for
>>
>> It Pays to Be Putin’s Friend
>>
>> By STEVEN LEE MYERS, JO BECKER and JIM YARDLEYSEPT. 27, 2014
>>
>>
>> Articles in this series are examining how President Vladimir V.
>> Putin’s system of
>> personalized state-sponsored capitalism allows him to wield power at
>> home and abroad.
>>
>
> This may all well be true, it is just not what I am talking about.
>
> I am talking about what actually happened on Maidan in the weeks leading up
> to and including the ouster of Yanukovich, about Western support for an
> oligarch and Banderist government that employs neo-Nazi militias, and this
> time around, yes, I also talked about NATO expansion. If you think that our
> support of neo-Nazis in Ukraine, to take my pet example, is justified
> because Putin is such an incredibly bad person, why don't you just say so?
> If you think that our support for neo-Nazis is justified because Russia is
> far worse, why don't you just say so?
>
> But of course, no one dares mention the Nazis. People are not used to
> soldiers with swastikas and SS runes on their helmets being depicted as the
> good guys. They might even begin to ask questions.
>
> One last thing, then I hope to be through with this for now. There is one
> lonely satirical programme that opposes the relentless propaganda in German
> mainstream television, radio broadcasting and the print media. I suspect
> Pynchon readers might be able to enjoy the satire even if they don't share
> the political outlook. Here is a relevant clip (switch on English
> subtitles):
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSOfQ7tgTLg#t=492
>
> Thomas
-
Pynchon-l / http://www.waste.org/mail/?list=pynchon-l
More information about the Pynchon-l
mailing list