Ebooks are changing the way we read, and the way novelists write

Joe Allonby joeallonby at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 07:42:19 CDT 2015

I love my kindle fire. If anything, I read more. If I hear an interview
with an author, or read a review in the Sunday paper, I can quickly
download a sample to see if it is something I want to read all of. The same
goes for recommendations from friends (or the P-list).

I like having the built in dictionary. I can click on a word and get the
definition, or go further to wikipedia or web search. It increases the
depth of my reading. I have no trouble becoming immersed. My wife calls it
"the Black Hole". Since I usually keep a dictionary or three handy when
reading anything demanding, it's not much different. Just easier.