GR translation: that 6:02 was screamin’ over my head

Mike Jing gravitys.rainbow.cn at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 02:48:29 CDT 2016

V739.37-740.7, P754.24-33   Not included in the Book of Memorabilia is this
footnote. The piece of cloth was given to Slothrop by Seaman Bodine, one
night in the Chicago Bar. In a way, the evening was a reprise of their
first meeting. Bodine, smoldering fat reefer stuck in under the strings at
the neck of his guitar, singing mournfully a song that’s part Roger
Mexico’s and part some nameless sailor stuck in wartime San Diego:
       Last week I threw a pie at someone’s Momma,
       Last night I threw a party for my mind,
       Last thing I knew that 6:02 was screamin’ over my head,
       Or it might’ve been th’ 11:59 . . .

What are the last two lines of this verse referring to?