Fwd: Great BBC Biography of Bowie's Work of the Last Five Years

Daniel Mattingly mattinglydf at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 8 10:02:52 CST 2017

Hi, Dan here (U.K. academic, Pynchon-L lurker). I watched this documentary
last night, and I can vouch for it being very good. Excellent use of
archive footage, interviews with key players, and commentary from Bowie
himself via various bits of audio and other stuff. There was definitely
some fresh/lesser seen archival stuff, particularly of the pre-fame sixties
and murky mid-70s period, including footage of the Diamond Dogs tour
including mime/dance choreography on stage (!!).

It was very moving in places, when you realized just how far Bowie had come
by the time he began working on his last projects, but also how far he felt
he had yet to go...

Best,

Dan