On Traverse in International Law. (was Traverse Machine)

Mark Kohut mark.kohut at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 07:29:12 CDT 2017

I can't believe 'is shit. The connections.

Writer Dorothy Canfield Fisher wrote a book, foreword
by Eleanor Roosevelt, mover and shaker, on the meaning of
the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. 1952, four years after
the Declaration of Human Rights passed. 12th printing 1966, the copy I
have.
 Seems written
for middle or high schoolers.

You know how it starts? It's about work [h/t Alice].

IDEAS WE ALL AGREE ON

"A good many years ago, in 1893, a BIG World's Fair was held in
a big city. In its buildings samples were shown of the tools
used by men and women all over the world in their daily work. The hope was
that visitors to the Fair might get some hints about how to improve their
own ways of
living and working."

"There were so many buildings that the place looked like a city. Inside
them thousands
of useful inventions and devices were shown. Take plows, for
instance..."....'pumps were shown,
all kinds of pumps....."

"there is more to human life than eating and drinking, getting clothes to
wear, and having a place to live where rain and snow
can't come in".....

"A Congress of Religions was held in a great hall set in the midst of the
plows, the looms for weaving,
the lathes, the saws"....."Never before had people of so many different
religions come together."
[They talked].
 "Above all, why should we try to do good and not evil?"