mindful pleasures , rainbows, gravity

Genevieve Dufour Allen genevievej.da at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 14:21:58 CDT 2017

Long-time lurker: first reply-all: greetings!

I don't wish to dismiss the connection to fossil fuels out of hand
entirely. While the V-2/A-4 were indeed fueled by ethanol and O2, there was
still an integral part supplied by petroleum byproducts (plastics),
particularly in relation to 00000: Imipolex G. IG, ICI, and AG had
connections to Shell, Dutch Shell, and Shell Mex House in the patent and
production of Imipolex, including a certain test firing of a propulsion
system related to Imipolex from the roof of a Dutch Shell office. This
comes up when Slothrop has found the papers detailing Jamf's work for
Psychochemie AG.

Crude oil and the extraction industry are treated more subtly in GR, but
it's there. The rainbow that is always reflected in the slippery black gold
that is now infused in nearly every aspect of the modern world was not
something that was passed by. So not fueling the rockets, but still
involved in nearly every weapon and transportation in some manner.

There is another part I can't quite remember/find that was a beautiful
sentence about ancient fossils below the ground being disturbed or
fractured, in GR.