NP A Trump Theory

ish mailian ishmailian at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 05:54:13 CDT 2017

His greater appeal is that he bullies the people nearly every American
openly thinks must be bullied. Most Americans still cling to the myth
of American Exceptionalism. This myth, one whose power is greater than
the American economy and greater than her war machine, has made
America great and dangerous, to herself and to the world, and because
it is in steady decline, nationally and internationally, it is more
dangerous than ever. But it lives and its power should not be
underestimated. For its power is its people and their myth. And Trump
is their grotesque American hero. He is a postmodern Andrew Jackson
and Pt Barnum and Ahab and Gatsby. Lynch him with tar and feathers,
but Starbuck will not take the wheel.

-
Pynchon-l / http://www.waste.org/mail/?list=pynchon-l