Re: Thomas Pynchon Predicted the Pandemic in 'Gravity's Rainbow.’ Now Aren't You Sorry You Didn't Read It?

Richard Romeo richard.romeo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 01:23:27 UTC 2020

Curious about the western man reference. Japan’s imperialist agenda during WW2 was very much cut from the same cloth as other Western colonial endeavors: nasty, brutal etc. That famed co-prosperity sphere. Is that western man, too, a way of thinking, a virus if you will, transplanted outside of the western dream. Is China the current mantle holder with its road and belt type initiatives?
Has the virus jumped from West to East? Who isn’t tainted now by it?

rich