Pynchon and Deleuze

Will Reid willreid1871 at gmail.com
Wed May 5 19:03:58 UTC 2021

Read this excerpt of Deleuze and it made me think about Pynchon,
specifically how he presents the market in *Bleeding Edge*:

"Underneath all reason lies delirium, drift. Everything is rational in
capitalism, except capital or capitalism itself. The stock market is
certainly rational; one can understand it, study it, the capitalists know
how to use it, and yet it is completely delirious, it's mad. It is in this
sense that we say: the rational is always the rationality of an
irrational." Gilles Deleuze*,* *Capitalism: A Very Special Delirium*

Has anyone else read Pynchon in conjunction with Deleuze & Guattari? I know
he gave them a shoutout in *Vineland *so the man himself might be a fan.

- Will