wallace-l: DFW Joke In Forthcoming Novel

Joe Allonby joeallonby at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 14:36:50 UTC 2022

This is enough to make me check this out.

When I was first reading "Infinite Jest" I was living and working in
Allston. I worked on Rugg Rd where the drug dealers lived in campers lined
up on one side of the street. I was getting constant jolts of recognition
as I read. I knew people who lived in Granada House during recovery.

One morning I walked into Herrell's Ice Cream and coffee shop to get my
morning coffee and still warm blueberry muffin. Yeah, the ice cream shop on
the corner of Harvard and Brighton Aves. The barista was my friend Paige
with whom I often traded books.
"Paige, have you read 'Infinite Jest?'"
"Yeah, I know. How the FUCK do we not know this guy?"