Return of the sun's pandemonium

rich richard.romeo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 14:52:18 UTC 2022

per the buzz in McCarthy land, The Passenger was conceived after Blood
Meridian, so in the 1980s sometime. which indicates a full-fledged novel
not re-furnished plays or screenplays which has been his output most
recently. The description loosely conjures No Country for Old Men, a guy
finds something he shouldn't and mayhem ensues.
I'm guessing (with no evidence) that McCarthy had difficulty molding the
two works into one and finally decided to make it two.
It's interesting mention of a different style than his previous work which
is odd if he's been writing or working on The Passenger for more than 30
years.
I also can't get the Iggy Pop song out of my head now
all in all, in any case, it's good news

rich