https://www.internationalpynchonweek.org/conference-program?fbclid=IwAR3fAQX-rs2SbFbi-oax4yvXGTyCYuyh-ev5MGDesy5-WfnJnXT4RdWHoz8

Mark Thibodeau jerkyleboeuf at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 21:44:05 UTC 2022

Man, I hate to admit this, but I have yet to read Against the Day.

I just can't wrap my head around the basic identity of the thing if that
makes any sense, and that's something I kind of need to be able to do with
a novel before I tackle the actual reading part.

Also, I'm not the brightest bulb in the marquee, so while I read Lot 49,
Vineland and Inherent Vice without difficulty, it took me about a half
dozen runs at V. to get past "that" chapter (Stencil's quick change
chapter), it took me well over 20 false starts with Gravity's Rainbow (and
now I know the first fifty pages or so by heart), about the same for Mason
& Dixon. As for Bleeding Edge, I quit at the third awful sex scene, and
have yet to get back to it. I realize the group read would have been a good
opportunity to fill that Pynchonian lacuna, but I just had too much going
on when y'all started.

Jerky

Jerky