Pynchon's popularity on the web

Noah Sturr sturr at ksu.ksu.edu
Tue May 2 01:05:21 CDT 1995

Original message:
> From: Brian Stonehill Media Studies Pomona College <BSTONEHILL at POMONA.EDU>
>
> they tell me that since we launched http://www.pomona.edu/pynchon/ last week,
> there've been 16000 connections to the server, in under 5 days.
>
> we get mail about it (via WASTE) from France & Kansas. 's cool.

Boy, it makes it sound like my message (here in KS) was from a
place as desolate as Outer Mongolia!  There are Pynchon lovers
here too!  (Although I am embarrassed to say I have only read
CoL49 and Vineland, but I am currently reading GR and I will
finish after I graduate from grad. school.)  But it is true
that it is a great site.  Keep up the good work!

		n.s.