this sunday's confab/HYDE PARK

Eric Alan Weinstein University Of London Centre For English Studies E.A.Weinstein at qmw.ac.uk
Thu May 4 20:14:09 CDT 1995

  Acutally, I love sausage pizza,
>except for when I think too much about it.)  Have fun.

Greetings Pynchonese Pizza People:

  I agree, it sounds like fun. However, being a Londoner who must teach
Tuesday, I can't get out to California for a slice of Pizza Pie on Sunday.
Instead, I will join 1 million people for free booze and sandwitches at  the
commemoration in Hyde Park on Sunday (Its 50 th year aniv. of VE day!
 No more rockets bombing London!)

      Perhaps I'm being naive, or giving in to intuition, but
I really do think a little piece of TRP might be there too, unseen, getting
jostled among the crowd.  I imagine this is the kind of event that he would
hate, yet perhaps also be drawn towards. I'm keeping a few pages of my now
defunct first copy of Gravity's Rainbow in my pocket. I'm going to bury them
in the park 50 yards north of the Serpintine when no one is looking.
Amid the public ritual of  fireworks,  beer,  selective memory, political ego
trips, this will be my mission, my private ritual.

(Then my mates will have a  pint...)

E.A. Weinstein
Centre For English Studies
University Of London