Party Time!

LARSSON at vax1.mankato.msus.edu LARSSON at vax1.mankato.msus.edu
Fri May 5 10:57:46 CDT 1995

David M. writes:
"For fear of losing all youse guys who sign off for the weekend, here's what I
know about this hyar get-together Sunday, May 7 at Beach Pizza, 217 33rd St.
in Manhattan Beach, or next to. I hope to get there sometime in the vicinity
of noon, fresh from what I hope will be prosperous treasure hunting at the el
segundo public library book sale starting that morning. After noon, what
happens will obey a spontaneity and lack of premeditation that might give
even regimentation-wary Pynchomanes pause. As long as it transpires in the
company of you-all, meaning Brian, Bonnie, Chuck, LetterW, Mascaro and
whoever else doesn't flake out, I have every expectation of a fine old time.
Against my better judgment, I hereby disclose my phone number, mindful of
course that the only one of us to do so hitherto has been the alas departed
koopman - not exactly an auspicious precedent in the compos mentis
department. Nevertheless, 818-346-7837. Otherwise, 217 33rd Street near noon.
V there or V square, heh heh. Till then I remain,"

Will anyone be taping this harmonic convergence?  I have to worry, given the
track record of decadent parties in Pynchon's work--"Entropy," Foppl's Siege
Party, the goings-on at Raoul de la Perlimplinplin's and on board the Anubis,
just to name the obvious ones.  Who will play Meatball Mulligan (or a sorting
demon, if you prefer) to this Whole Sick Crew.

Or will it be along the more relatively wholesome lines of the family reunion
in VINELAND?

Don Larsson, Mankato State U (MN)