Jules Siegel's Playboy article help

Paul C Evans thsspce at iitmax.acc.iit.edu
Wed May 17 10:32:14 CDT 1995

<LOT64 at aol.com> Ron Churgin wrote:
> Does anyone have a copy of the Seigel Playboy article from March 77?  "Who is
> Thomas Pynchon and Why did He take Off With My Wife?"  I'd love to read it
> and I'm too embarassed to go into my local library and look up old issues of
> Playboy.  They probably don't have it anyway.  If so please e-mail it.

Well, a few years ago I swallowed the bitter dregs of my dignity and bought
the March 1977 Playboy at a collectibles store.  Seigel's article, though
somewhat condescending and self-pitying, is certainly full of interesting
stuff for the Pynchon-obsessed.  I'll type it in and post it here within the
next few days, unless someone already has it in electronic form.

Regards - Paul in Chicago