Pynchon's Next Book?

RICHARD ROMEO RR.TFCNY at mail.fdncenter.org
Fri May 19 15:05:00 CDT 1995

Is it a coincidence that Pynchon's next book is an epic about the Civil
War whereas Gaddis's A Frolic of His Own revolves around the battle of
Antietam?  I just checked out the TP home page-you guys were ahead of me
about Kurt Cobain (I read the Esquire article a few months ago in the
dentist's office of all places).
Also, on the FAQ and authors one should read-shouldn't Gaddis be there as
well-(The Recognitions).
Has anyone read Gaddis and found at least The Recognitions something
Pynchon would've learned from as a young writer in the 50's-this I guess
continues the What did Pynchon read/know stream