Chaos, Fractals & GR

Bonnie Surfus (ENG) surfus at chuma.cas.usf.edu
Sat May 20 14:14:19 CDT 1995

You are, of course, picking up on the same kind of thing that's
disturbing me--even as I endeavor to say "isn't this neat?  wouldn't you
like to publish this?"

There are publications that address the works of Ovid via chaos--also
Woolf, Shakespeare, Dryden, etc.

I have just finished a paper on field models and Beckett's Three Novels.
And I have written a paper called _Strange Attractors in VINELAND_ which
keeps threatening to com out soon in CRITICAL MASS.  Yes, there's
bandwagon mentality here.  But I don't think I put the work out there as
anything more than interesting observations--what is academic prose
anyhow?  Who cares?  I don't.  It IS  occupying my time and I do enjoy
the work.

My Apologia.  I'm a broken record.  I'm a tattered umbrella.

I have a Beta named "Tyrone."

Is this any more meaningful?

Bonnie Lenore Surfus
USF