Systems may break my bones

RICHARD ROMEO RR.TFCNY at mail.fdncenter.org
Mon May 22 09:38:00 CDT 1995

Andrew-

Granted Gaddis thematic similarity with Pynchon is a bit thin but
stylistically I think there is more of a case.  I've only read the
Recognitions mind you but that was enough to convince me.  I recently saw
Gaddis speak here in NYC and I was tempted to ask him if he wasn't really
Thomas Pynchon as has been claimed by a few.
P.S.  I once wrote a poem about there being only two logical systems in
the world-one system for those who believe in systems and those who rebel
against systems.