pirate

Aaron Yeater AYEATER at ksgrsch.harvard.edu
Mon May 22 10:56:59 CDT 1995

a bit off the beaten path (everybody's been busy this weekend--very
interesting discussions...)  but i noticed this weekend that twice in
the opening section does Pynchon refer to Pirate as having an "empty
head"--he is, i think on my reread, really openly mocking prentice--
why?  any suggestions?

aaron

oh, yeah, my fave TRP name is ' "Saure" Bummer'

"Sloth is our background radiation, our easy-listening
station.  It is everywhere, and it is not noticed."
                  Thomas Pynchon, "Sloth"