Newt, Systems, etc......

Bonnie Surfus (ENG) surfus at chuma.cas.usf.edu
Wed May 24 10:13:34 CDT 1995

Thanks, Jan.  I appreciate your comments and certainly agree on a number
of counts.  For one, I think it was/is inevitable that things get--oh,
how should I say--messy?  Not only in the context of my half-baked ideas,
but in speaking of Pynchon's work at all.  You wonder why he's a
reclu--nah, it's very simply, rilly.

Let me add an apology for any of my more aggressive and/or offensive
posts to this list.  I have always enjoyed the exchanges here and have
learned more than I might ever learn in any course.  This is also great
practice simply in whatever is meant by "academic life," and it is
particularly valuable as exam preparation.  I'd actually unsubscribed
one day (not out of anger) because I was spending too much time here and
thought I should be reviewing 24 hours a day.  But then I realized how
foolish and unrealistic that was.  And besides, when I woke up and jacked
in, I realized that my favorite pastime was no longer available to me and
so I subscribed again immediately.

Thanks to everyone for helping, encouraging and "correcting" me in my
attempts to enter this community of accomplished and impressive scholars.

I am sincere in this.  It's hard to expres stuff like this without
sounding like a sap.

Bonnie